Saturday, May 1, 2010

Trips galore!

Well, as my husband pointed out to me recently, I really needed to update this blog!! A lot has been going on over the past couple of months and finding the time to blog just hasn't happened. Oh well...better late than never!
I experienced two firsts in my life this past month. 1- My first trip to NYC!!! 2- My first trip away from Bryson!
My mom and I ventured up to the Big Apple to celebrate her 50th birthday. We had a blast! It was a first for both of us so it was fun to see everything together. We did about everything we could squeeze in during our 3 1/2 day trip...Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, 2 Broadway Shows, Double Decker Bus Tour, a few celebrity sightings...etc etc etc. And.....I survived being away from my baby boy! I actually realized how good it is to get away sometimes and how I NEED to get away from time to time. It sure was good to come home and see his smiling face though! Here are some pictures from our trip:
Top of the Empire State Building


Loooooooved it!!

This may look like a blurry pic...however it is Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise getting out of their car at our hotel! Pretty cool!

Me and Mom

A visit to the Today Show:

Ann is my fave!

Saw Phantom too!

Picking Lady Liberty's nose


First cab ride in NYC...a little scary.


Pickle? Yes please.


There are soooo many more pictures from our trip, however, I'm getting so frustrated with Blogger uploader that I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.
After returning back from my trip to NYC, Jeffrey and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary with a trip to Gatlinburg, TN for a long weekend getaway. We had such a nice time just relaxing and doing NOTHING. (2 trips away from the baby in one month?! I'm getting good at this!) It was definitely a nice way to celebrate our 3 years together.
I think this may be our last trip for a little while! Fun fun times!

No comments: