Well we have certainly had an interesting couple of weeks. A couple weeks ago we started noticing some big changes in our sweet baby boy. He was starting to be "not so sweet!" I quickly noticed (while he was screaming his head off) that his entire top gums were completely swollen. I just knew this meant his 1 year molars were coming in. To top that off, we started noticing his eyes were becoming pinker and pinker and sure enough, another bout of pink eye had arrived. We ended up having to take him to the doctor on Labor Day during emergency hours to get some meds for his eye. At that point we also found out he had another ear infection. WOW. He was MISERABLE to say the least. Fortunately, after a few LONG nights and endless screaming, we made it through the weekend and he was slowly but surely feeling better and better.
Thursday we had our appointment with the ENT which went very well. The doctor agreed that tubes are our best option at this point and we scheduled the procedure for September 23rd. We feel very comfortable with this decision and absolutely loved our doctor. She put my mind at ease letting me know that he will be put under with gas for around 5 minutes and then the procedure would be finished. No biggie! Phew!!!
The ENT also confirmed that Bryson is in fact cutting his top molars. Poor little fella! He has just had a rough time lately. But I'm happy to say that he is back to his normal self now and is happier than ever. I think the worst is over at this point.
I also have another huge announcement to make. We have now graduated to exclusively using sippy cups! No more bottles for my big boy! I do have to give the daycare workers a lot of credit on this one as they have worked hard on getting him transitioned over the past couple of weeks. He is now drinking better from his sippy cups than he EVER did from his bottles! We even had to increase his ounce intake! We are so proud of our little man.
We are still keeping our eyes peeled for Bryson's first attempts at walking. He seems to be a little bit on the lazy side at this point. He does not have any interest in pulling up on objects that are taller than he is. However, if something is level with him (say a laundry basket on the floor) he will grab hold and push himself into standing position. He even will attempt to stand up by keeping his head on the floor and extending his legs completely like an upside down V....imagine a teepee if you will. But he just refuses to "pull" himself up. Who knows, we may be skipping this step all together!
It is hard to believe that in a little over 3 weeks, my little baby boy will be 1 year old. How fast the time flies!! This has been the most wonderful year of my life by far and it only gets better each day. I'm so sad that this year has come and gone so quickly, but I'm so excited to see what the future brings for us and Bryson. He is growing into such a sweet and wonderful little boy. I feel absolutely blessed and honored that I was chosen to be his mother!! Thank you God!
I don't have any pictures to share right now as I'm at work and don't have any updated ones here. I will be posting new pics within the next few days though!
As always, thanks for checkin in :)
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lil guy is in my prayers for his ears! Sounds like you had a rough time lately and i am very glad he is all better! Poor Bryson! Poor mama and daddy too! I can't believe he will be one soon! I can't wait to come home and see you both! Love ya!
Oh and yay for the sippy cup!
Poor little guy... glad he is getting to feeling better! I know it just breaks your heart when your baby isn't feeling well. :-( YAY for the sippy cups as well! He's growing up so fast! And he will be walking before you know it! :-)
Post a Comment