Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Directions

Have you ever been randomly inspired to change things up in your life? This totally happened to me last week. I was at work, surfing the web (on my break of course) for cheap decorating ideas for our church. One thing led to another and I suddenly found myself browsing the blogs of random women who write about crafting, baking, recycling....etc. I found myself amazed because I didn't realize this world of blogs existed! Suddenly I was reading awesome ideas on how to recycle every day products into works of art, how to make every day home items yourself, and how to create amazing crafts using little to no money! I was immediately inspired to start trying these things myself. I love to craft when I have inspiration and time...but it's something I rarely do and it's usually around the holidays when I do it. I like to find an interesting craft/ornament/something to make for others or for myself....but once the holidays pass, so does my crafting time. Reading these various blogs really sparked my passion for making pretty things. I didn't realize how EASY it is to make something beautiful....and I didn't realize how happy it makes me to be productive in that way. Taking time out of my day to do something that really makes me happy and that I completely enjoy (aside from spending time with my family/friends) doesn't happen very often. Crafting is something I've always wanted to do more of but have never taken the time to do it. So here it is--my belated New Years Resolution: to work on a craft at least once a week..(as time permits of course). I hope to keep up this resolution and hopefully will make the time to occasionally blog about my recent projects. I'm excited to start doing something for ME that is not only fun, but also productive.
Yay for positive changes in the Johnson household!! Stay tuned!

No comments: